Bored after a week of unimaginative dinners, I just invented the ultimate chicken burger. In case you’re interested, here’s how it goes. You need (quantities for one person; multiply as necessary):
- 200g of minced chicken breast (that’s two nice-sized patties)
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped finely
- 1 spring onion, chopped finely
- One teaspoon paprika
- One teaspoon ground cumin
- A few finely torn-up coriander leaves
- Pinch of salt
- An egg-white (or the whole egg, if you’re not a health-freak)
Mix it all up by hand and have fun making a mess. It’ll be worryingly dark but don’t fret, when you cook it the colour will improve. Mould into two patties and splot them into a frying pan of hot olive oil. Flip ’em until cooked through.
Serve on a bap with mayo, rocket leaves and sweet chilli sauce. Flail around trying to stop the cats from stealing one burger while you’re eating the other.